Monday, April 4, 2016

The Rose Garden

This week I went to University Art Supply and purchased a multi medium sketch book. This was suggested in the book I am reading by Lisa Congdon called "Art Inc." The Essential Guide for Building Your Career as an Artist. She states to step away from the web and get inspiration elsewhere. I decided to get outdoors into nature. After purchasing my sketch book I made a plan to go to one of my favorite spots in San Jose this week "The Jose Municipal Rose Garden". This seemed like the perfect place to relax and sketch. I wandered around the rose garden and took photos of every type of rose. It is amazing how many different shapes, colors, and styles there are.


I started to feel really inspired and my wheels started to turn for a new project. This is a place I could come to every week and work. I love the fragrance of the roses and the constant sound of the water from the fountain in the center of the garden. Such a beautiful gem that we have here in San Jose. I want to get back to my art school roots and become more of an original artist and get away from the digital world a bit.

After the Rose Garden I went over to the "Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum Gardens". I strolled around and took photos of beautiful elements there, such as the tiles. I love how all of the colors were combined, blue, teal, yellow, and orange. They all complement each other so well. It was a another wonderful cultural place in San Jose to feel creative.

Since it was such a beautiful day I treated myself to lunch at "Rosie's Pizza", our family favorite in the Rose Garden.  I topped off a great day with a coffee at "Crema Coffee Roasting Company", a cute coffee hang out that looks like it was a house at one time. I enjoyed sitting outside on their patio and drinking my latte white I sketched some more. I just love hanging out in the Rose Garden neighborhood.





No comments:

Post a Comment