Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Triton Museum Of Art

I have been wanting to go check out the Triton Museum of Art near Santa Clara University for a while. A week ago I finally got to go there and spend some time. Right in front of the museum are these giant blue glass and metal pair of glasses. They are really fun and cool. I was immediately inspired to go inside and see more of this place. 



I was greeted by a very inviting and friendly staff. The museum is rather small but it has a nice sense of space and natural light. I wandered around the three different rooms and enjoyed looking at all of the different works of art. Many of the artists are local from the Bay Area. I was the most excited about the artist named Tim Craighead. He describes his work as "Abstract Impressionism". His meaning behind it is that his paintings are "pure" abstraction objective and nonobjective painting. I love Impressionism and abstract art so this was right up my alley. 



After spending a lot of time at the museum I went to a nearby place called the "Mission City Creamery" in Santa Clara for lunch. It is a tiny little spot that only serves ice cream and grilled cheese sandwiches. You can build your own sandwiches by choosing any type of meat and cheese to go on it. What I picked was really good! Of course I had to try their ice cream so I got the chocolate brownie which was really delicious. All of their ingredients are local. The atmosphere if very cute inside. My favorite part is the sign they have hanging up with my favorite quote. "Life's Short Eat Dessert First". It was a great afternoon of art and eats! 



No comments:

Post a Comment