Sunday, January 21, 2018

Downtown Campbell, CA

This week I decided to have a local inspiration day in downtown Campbell, CA.  I am excited to start the new year building my ideas and business for Event Shop Design. I started my adventure at "Recycle Bookstore West", a new and used bookstore with great selection and a (fluffy/cute/etc) shop cat named "Bob". One of the first things that I noticed was a cute book for kids called "Little People Big Dreams Frida Kahlo". I love Frida and the fact that they have a series of books of women in history for kids to learn about is just another feather in this store's cap for me. One Frida book had a beautiful flower pattern that would look great on stationery.



I also discovered on my little adventure a store called "Redemption". The store sells stationery, home decor, jewelry, clothing, and accessories, all locally made. The whole store is in the theme of the state of California. I was really inspired by their gift items made with local maps. They gave me the idea of designing cupcake toppers and flag banners with maps, which would go with a Travel theme "Wanderlust" party.


Following the store "Redemption" I was drawn by a floral shop called "Petite Petal". Outside they have a display of cute little succulents. When I stepped into the store it was very inviting. One of the owners working there greeted me and was super friendly. There was a nice display of succulent plants and cactus in terrariums. They also have beautiful stationery, party supplies, candles, flowers, and pottery throughout the shop. Everything is merchandised in a chic and simple manner. Many of the plants have stationery with the quotes that correlate next to them. The store offers workshops and team building events as well. I will definitely come here again. I might even take one of their workshops such as; "Flower Crowns and Cupcakes" or "DIY Terrarium's".  Both sound like fun! Check out their website: http://www.petitepetalco.com



To end my inspiration day I went to a local favorite for lunch, "Brown Chicken Brown Cow". I had a light lunch of "Angry Goat Cheese Crostini's", which has a spicy blend of goat cheese, Jalapeño, garlic, onion, and cilantro, served with toasted crostini, arugula and chives. It is the perfect balance of spicy and salty. It paired nicely with the J. Lohr Chardonnay. It was a great end to a productive and exciting day discovering new things and making some connections right in my own backyard!







No comments:

Post a Comment