Sunday, January 14, 2018

Muir Woods

Wow since I went back to working part-time I had neglected posting my weekly blog. This was my last entry from June 2016 that never got posted! Now that I am focusing on my own event and design business again I will be getting back on track for 2018 creating and blogging.

During Memorial Weekend we decided to go go across the bay to one of our favorite places, which is "Muir Woods". When we lived in San Francisco nine years ago we used to go often. We would park up above and hike down into the woods. It is always pretty exciting for me to drive over the Golden Gate Bridge and head over the bay. It is refreshing to leave the heat and head into the fog. Being that it was a holiday weekend the parking was a bit crazy to get into the park. My husband had to drop my son and I off and park pretty far away. It took him about 30 mins for him to get back to us and he even ran. As soon as you get into the park and see all the trees my blood pressure drops and I become very relaxed.


Once we got there we started our hike on the nice wood path. The weather was perfect for hiking nice and cool. My son had only been to these woods once before and he was pretty excited to be there. He enjoyed seeing the cut tree with all the rings that had different years labeled on it. This always reminds me of the movie "Vertigo" since they went to that exact same spot in the movie. It was so nice to take our time and soak it all in. I love the sound of the breeze in the trees and the stream going by. When you look up you are surrounded by the beauty of the woods. 



After we hiked for about an hour and a half we headed over to the "Muir Woods Cafe". Everyone was hungry after hiking since there was a line out the door. We actually got lucky and found a table inside. I ordered their famous "Marin Melt" Panini which was stated as "best thing I ever ate" on the Food Network. It is made with Cow Girl Creamery Mount. Tam Cheese and Point Reyes Farmstead Creamery Toma cheese. To go with it I also got their fantastic vegan tomato soup as a "Marin Combo".  It was so delicious! 


After our time in "Muir Woods we went over to Sausalito for an afternoon treat. As a tradition we always get ice cream at "Lappert's Ice Cream".  The only other place we have had it is in Kauai on our honeymoon. My favorite flavor is the "Kauai Pie", which is coffee ice cream with coconut, macadamia nuts, and chocolate chunks. The whole combination is unforgettable. We enjoyed our ice cream as we strolled around the little town and walked along the water. I was a beautiful day were you could see clear across the bay and see the skyline of my favorite city San Francisco. It was an end to a wonderful day! 




No comments:

Post a Comment